Home Open Account Help 245 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)


Date: 09/03/19 06:43
Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Hi, here are some pics of snakes found near the tracks in Brazil this weekend by railroaders. Snakes are a real danger here, and railfans must be attention where put the feet. Snakes like the heat of the rails, so if you come here be carefull.

Pedro

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano, MG
Minas Gerais Railways



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/19 06:45 by pedrop.






Date: 09/03/19 07:13
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: dan

they do in nebraska too, especially when picking up old rail i found out



Date: 09/03/19 16:15
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: tomstp

both poisonous?



Date: 09/03/19 16:56
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Yes, very poisonous....the second one is a big rattlesnake

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> both poisonous?

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano, MG
Minas Gerais Railways



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/19 16:58 by pedrop.



Date: 09/03/19 16:58
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: goneon66

what type of snake was that white/black snake in the first/top image?

thanks for any info.........

66



Date: 09/03/19 17:07
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

It looks a Surucucu...

Mute Lachesis, commonly known as the surucucu, surucutinga, surucucutinga, fire surucucu, jackfruit surucucu, and tuft snake, [1] is the largest venomous snake in Latin America [2]. [3] Brazil has two subspecies of the genus Lachesis: L. muta muta and L. muta rhombeata. [4]


goneon66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what type of snake was that white/black snake in
> the first/top image?
>
> thanks for any info.........
>
> 66

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano, MG
Minas Gerais Railways



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/19 17:08 by pedrop.




Date: 09/03/19 20:23
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: CM80-46

Great belt material or hat band! Put who’s gunna skin it for me!



Date: 09/03/19 20:34
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: goneon66

thanks pedro.  there are numerous rattlesnakes trackside where i live too........

66



Date: 09/04/19 18:00
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: tomstp

Those snakes need a .22 long rifle right between the eyes.



Date: 09/05/19 18:15
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: espeefan

That's one of the reasons I'll never visit Brazil. The second reason is the world's most dangerous spider.

Posted from Android



Date: 09/08/19 16:28
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: portlander

pedrop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks a Surucucu...
>
> Mute Lachesis, commonly known as the surucucu,
> surucutinga, surucucutinga, fire surucucu,
> jackfruit surucucu, and tuft snake, [1] is the
> largest venomous snake in Latin America [2]. [3]
> Brazil has two subspecies of the genus Lachesis:
> L. muta muta and L. muta rhombeata. [4]
>
>
> goneon66 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > what type of snake was that white/black snake
> in
> > the first/top image?
> >
> > thanks for any info.........
> >
> > 66
>
> Posted from Android

Around here to us outside the area, that snake is commonly known as the "bushmaster." What a beast!



Date: 09/09/19 12:55
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: CPRR

espeefan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's one of the reasons I'll never visit Brazil.
> The second reason is the world's most dangerous
> spider.
>
> Posted from Android

Not in the top three:

https://www.britannica.com/list/9-of-the-worlds-deadliest-spiders



Date: 09/09/19 13:27
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: exhaustED

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those snakes need a .22 long rifle right between
> the eyes.

So do some people...



Date: 09/09/19 15:34
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

That number 1 the funnel web spuder is common found in my area. I will try a pic to post here.

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> espeefan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's one of the reasons I'll never visit
> Brazil.
> > The second reason is the world's most dangerous
> > spider.
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
> Not in the top three:
>
> https://www.britannica.com/list/9-of-the-worlds-de
> adliest-spiders

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano, MG
Minas Gerais Railways



Date: 09/16/19 23:04
Re: Some snakes across the tracks (Brazil)
Author: JasonCNW

NOPE ROPE!!
JC

Posted from Android



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0787 seconds