Home Open Account Help 310 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Australia Rail Photography

Date: 12/13/19 14:52
Australia Rail Photography
Author: KF1957

I will be staying in Sydney Australia for several days in January 2020. I may have a few hours to do some rail fanning. My hotel is across from Central Station and I was wondering if there are any restrictions on railroad photography in Australia that I should be aware of? 

I would also like to take my wife and daughter on a one day out and back train ride while we are in Sydney. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Date: 12/13/19 15:55
Re: Australia Rail Photography
Author: DKay

No restrictions that I know of.Just the usual keep yourself safe stuff.A nice day trip would be down to the Southern highlands (Bowral,Moss Vale).They have a good service to the city.Another nice day trip would be down the coast to Kiama.
Regards,dK

Date: 12/14/19 03:01
Author: 4745

Living in Sydney, I know of no restrictions for taking pictures of trains.
Just don't do anything that is stupid. Trespassing is not a good idea anymore.
Stay away from the platform edges and enjoy the variety.
More to be seen by catching a train out of the city.
Graham.

Date: 12/16/19 07:28
Author: 55002

I've had a couple of railfan trips down under, and never had any issues. Everyone very friendly. Just use commonsense!   It will be bloody hot whilst you're there. For a day out, try the Blue Mountains by rail. I went part way up the river by fast ferry, then train to the tops. My pic is January 2013! Chris uk

Date: 12/16/19 17:52
Author: 251F

The bushfires have been making for a lot of smoke, even in downtown Sydney.  And as mentioned, it has been powerful hot there lately making the fire fighting effort all the more difficult and dangerous.

Here is the NSW Rural Fire Service website with updates on current fires and locations.
https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/major-fire-updates

d.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds