Home Open Account Help 296 users online

International Railroad Discussion > A China Steam Whereizit?

Date: 01/09/20 21:14
A China Steam Whereizit?
Author: jbwest

My last visit to the Jitong line was in 2005 so my memory is fading (and I did not take good notes).  Tonight I was sorting through old slides and decided to scan this.  I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me the photo location.  My vague memory tells me it was near Lindong and that we walked a ways in from the road and the train is south or westbound.  Apparently it was a well known photo position used by numerous organized groups.  Beyond that I am drawing a mental blank. Anyone here recognize the location?

JBWX

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/20 22:17 by jbwest.

Date: 01/10/20 05:04
Re: A China Steam Whereizit?
Author: 86235

Can't help you with the location but what splendid picture. Thanks.

Date: 01/12/20 05:39
Author: CM80-46

Wow! Heavy steam in 2005. Double header to boot. Am I correct, we have the fireman’s side in the photo?

CM80.46

Date: 01/12/20 11:11
Author: jbwest

CM80-46 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! Heavy steam in 2005. Double header to boot.

2005 was the last year, and by then a lot of trains were diesel or mixed.  When I first visit the JiTong line in 2001 you could just wander along the line, the trains were frequent, and whatever came would be steam, and usually doubleheaded.   By 2005 one of the jobs of the tour guide was to find out what trains would be steam and you had to plan your day arouind one or two steam trains.  I think the picture is the fireman's side.

JBWX

Date: 01/14/20 07:37
Author: Inthehole

This is the firsmans side.

My last day on the Jitong Railraod was the first day of regular mixed power running over Shanddian (Jingping Pass) on October 1, 2004.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds