Home Open Account Help 303 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Two 2-8-2's restored to operation in Vietnam

Date: 05/25/20 07:07
Two 2-8-2's restored to operation in Vietnam
Author: LTCerny

According to the Vietnamese VnExpress International website of May 24, two meter gauge 2-8-2's have been restored to operation for use on a tourist operation over part of the Hanoi - Ho Chi Min City mainline, the 36km scenic mountainous coastal section between Hue and Danang.  Operations are scheduled to start in 2021.

Date: 05/25/20 17:43
Re: Two 2-8-2's restored to operation in Vietnam
Author: kenw

That will be a nice trip, great scenery along the way, thanks for sharing this, I would put it on the agenda! I went on that route in the summer of 2018, there are sleepers from Hanoi to DaNang and on to HoChiMinh.  Here are some grab pix in the morning, a few hours outside DaNang. 

Date: 05/25/20 17:46
Author: kenw

Part two.   I got up early, even the dining car crew was asleep...on the seats of the dining car of course.  Windows open, air fresh, and a kind attendant got up after a while and  made me a cup of (instant) coffee

Date: 05/27/20 13:48
Author: dlh

Here are two shots I grabbed in Hanoi in 1988.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds