Home Open Account Help 382 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Trains Siberian Express Trip Part 3

Date: 06/05/20 03:27
Trains Siberian Express Trip Part 3
Author: andersonb109

Before posting shots of various trains at some of the stop overs, first a photo of my Silver Class Bedroom. While comfortable, the room in no way compared with the spacious rooms on some competitive cruise trains such as Rovos Rail. While probably the most expensive trip I've ever done, on a per night and per mile basis it compared favorably with others in it's class.

As for the power, I won't attempt to provide locomotive type or location. Others more knowledgeable about electric and steam locos can hopefully fill in the blanks. 

The next two photos were taken around the Vladivostok station prior to departure.

Date: 06/05/20 03:33
Re: Trains Siberian Express Trip Part 3

First, a sleeper on the regular Vladivostok-Moscow passenger train. The trip generally takes 7 days. Ours took a few days longer. The next few are shots at the first of several station stops along the way.

Date: 06/05/20 03:34

More

Date: 06/05/20 03:36

Tomorrow I'll post some tourist stuff and plinthed steam locomotives.

Date: 06/05/20 03:39

I forgot to mention the power for our train was changed frequently in route at major stations. The second to last photo above is our train, the first car being a generator for hotel power. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0559 seconds