Home Open Account Help 329 users online

International Railroad Discussion > International Railway Station Where is it No. 15

Date: 06/12/20 02:44
International Railway Station Where is it No. 15
Author: andersonb109

This station was one of my favorites. The massive train shed not only covers the tracks, it extends over the concourse and waiting room and is visible from street side as well. There was even a Dunkin Doughnuts inside!  More about the doughnuts later as well as the street side photo which would more easily identify the station.  

Date: 06/12/20 03:00
Re: International Railway Station Where is it No. 15
Author: pennengineer

Bangkok

Date: 06/12/20 05:05
Re: International Railway Station Where is it No. 15
Author: andersonb109

You must be anxious for the doughnut story!  In 2012 I was fortunate enough to do the Eastern and Oriental Express "Epic Thailand" tour. I had come up on the train's two night out regularly scheduled trip from Singapore to Bangkok trip with an overnight there. So I already knew the crew including the very friendly and attractive rear bar tender Sopah. Food on the train was excellent with one Thai and one Western entree per night. But breakfast had nothing at all sweet. Just crossiants and fruit. Sorry, but fruit is not a real food.  So I stocked up on doughnuts at the station. Sopah was nice enough to put the doughnut holes in her refrigerator. Until one morning she said there were GONE!  How was that possible? Well, she said, "you know we everyday we have police on back of train to prevent break ins or theft. You know how much police like doughnuts. So he saw them and took them".  Of course it was all a joke as she presented a little  "Mr. Doughnut" sign and plate of the doughnut holes.  A very different level of service on the Golden Eagle!  Here's the street side of the station. Note the portrait of the King. His image was everywhere...almost like a God. Since his death, not sure if that's still the case. There was also a plinthed steam locomotive out back. I might do my next travel series on Thailand. But I don't have all that many railway photos so not sure the interest. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds