Home Open Account Help 176 users online

International Railroad Discussion > More International Railway Station Photos Part 2

Date: 07/08/20 17:03
More International Railway Station Photos Part 2
Author: andersonb109

Here is the New Delhi Railway station were we departed to Agra. That's the great English photographer David Rodgers to the far right of the photo who we sadly recently lost along with our excellent Tours by Local's private guide Monica.  Sadly time did not allow us to visit the really cool looking Old Delhi Station which I believe is still in use.

Date: 07/08/20 19:33
Re: More International Railway Station Photos Part 2
Author: krm152

Bet that your India trip was an interesting one.
I've heard firsthand accounts of some trips there.
Thanks for your posting.
ALLEN

Date: 07/09/20 02:50
Re: More International Railway Station Photos Part 2
Author: andersonb109

I hit the "send" button a night early. Yes India is a fascinating place. We only rode one service train between New Delhi and Agra. A slow one in a bedroom. There were higher speed trains on the route but sold out.  I've never seen traffic congestion anywhere like that. Not even China. And the pollution gives China a run for it's money. Until those countries clean up their act, anything we do here is a small drop in the bucket. The  trip was mostly to do the Darjeeling line which at that time was in full force. The entire line was open for the first time in years with many locos in service. A subsequent tour by the same company last year reported only two engines in steam at Darjeeling as political strife had closed the line for many months in 2018. I've posted a few photos from our trip in the past but might consider a series soon.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds