Home Open Account Help 374 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Map Series - China

Date: 08/02/20 03:19
Map Series - China
Author: andersonb109

Like many railfans, the objective in China was real working steam before it all ended. Covering different lines was only a secondary priority. Most of that was accomplished by using GW Travel's "China Orient Express" train to get between the various industrial lines using steam as well as the famous "Jing Ping Pass."  The train consisted of multiple sleepers, two dining cars, and a bar. No need to bus or fly to the next steam destination after long cold days oft train photography. Trips were done in  2003 and  2004.  We also did tourist activities in Beijing, Hong Kong, and Xian. I recall a notable quote by one off the English participants after the first day which was a  Beijing city tour where we ever saw a train.  "If I have to see another one of these G.D. old buildings, I think I'm going to be sick."  To each his own I guess. When was I ever going to get back there to see these world famous sights? (A year later as it turned out). I also find tourist/cultural elements make a video much more watchable than one runpast after another.  Also on the map is the eastern portion of the Trans Siberian trip I did a few years later. The other half appears on my European map to follow.

Date: 08/02/20 05:11
Re: Map Series - China
Author: andersonb109

I forgot to include my China mileage:  7,896.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds