Home Open Account Help 365 users online

International Railroad Discussion > map series USA

Date: 08/07/20 06:56
map series USA
Author: andersonb109

Here is my USA map including Canada, Mexico and Cuba. A bit difficult to see the lines with all the pins. I've been on rails in 49 states (Hawaii missing) and all Canadian provences excepting PEI.  I've traveled 408,880 miles in the U.S, 145,726 in Canada and 1,760 in Mexico. In or out of 303 stations including tourist lines. The most trains are: Amtrak's Wolverine Service:77. VIA's Canadian including one time when still run by the CP: 57. Amtrak Capitol Ltd.: 51.  Top stations are: Chicago Union Station: 254. Toronto Union Station: 161, Amtrak Dearborn: 129, and Windsor Walkerville: 72. 

This concludes my contribution to the map series. Thanks to Pennengineer for suggesting.  If there are any others out there with any maps of their travels, please post. I  hope those of you who viewed enjoyed the series. Hoping to add some new lines soon as soon as more travel restrictions are lifted. 

Date: 08/07/20 12:34
Re: map series USA
Author: mundo

Boy Anderson you sure missed out on a lot of Mexico miles, from my railfan trips of the 70 and 80's. plus the general public trips 1968-1991.

Date: 08/07/20 12:58
Re: map series USA
Author: andersonb109

Yea I know. My traveling really didn't get started until well into the early '90s. My only Mexican trip was the now defunct Sierra Madre Express. We went on the back of the service train to the junction with the C&P. The on the back of the C&P service train to Divisadero. Overnight there and return. Finances, limited vacation time, and not being a fan of Mexican food were the primary reason for not doing more. Looking back I wish I had. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0551 seconds