Home Open Account Help 266 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Tokyo live camera

Date: 08/24/20 07:16
Tokyo live camera
Author: sphogger

YT:  Tokyo Live Camera Ch1 shiodome "raiway" 

started streaming Aug 8th 

Incredible, hardly a moment without trains of some sort.

sphogger 

Date: 08/24/20 09:35
Re: Tokyo live camera
Author: cchan006

The live camera is aimed SSE and the apartment is located about 600 meters (2000') south from Shinbashi Station.

The trains running on the tracks below are Tokaido Shinkansen, Ueno-Tokyo Line (Tokaido Line), and local lines Keihin-Tohoku and Yamanote Lines - JR East and JR Central trains.

Yurikakome Line runs on the elevated "tracks" between the Highway and the Shinkansen tracks. It's a "people mover" system similar to what we might see at our airports.

There are rooms for rent (~$2600 per month) and flats for sale (~$750,000 average) from the 11 floor building where the camera is (allegedly) located. Median size is about 700 square foot (65 square meters).

The rent price is better than San Francisco, especially with far superior public transportation (Shinkansen, or HSR access is only 2 station away).

Date: 08/24/20 15:28
Author: BigDave

Watched for 5 minutes. Longest period without a train of some sort - about 90 seconds. Most trains in view at once - SIX.

I'm gonna like this channel.

Date: 08/26/20 16:44
Author: sphogger

Interesting, thanks for the descriptions.  The Tokaido Shinkansen line 320 miles in 2' 24".  In operation since '64.   No more original bullet nose equipment - retired in '08.  Quite a bit preserved in museums.  And we have our High Speed Stonehenge in California.  Lol.

Seems like no trains sometime after midnight.  Lots of MofW activity.  Equipment, track walkers, bright lights on the Tokaido Shinkansen side.  

The elevated people mover, 9 miles fully automated, rubber tire, no crews.

Date: 08/26/20 17:04
Author: cchan006

sphogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems like no trains sometime after midnight.
>  Lots of MofW activity.  Equipment, track
> walkers, bright lights on the Tokaido Shinkansen
> side.  

Yup. I watched it briefly before I made my post, and saw the "last train" Yamanote Line head south (away from the camera). That should have been around 12:30 - 1:00 am. From experience in trying to catch the last train, the destination was probably Osaki, closest station to the Oi facility (and yard) that Hiroshi-san reports on every year.

Shinkansens stop running earlier, to give the MoW plenty of time to work during the night. While non-HSR lines can start running around 4 am, Shinkansens don't start running until the 6 am hour.

Date: 09/09/20 19:27
Author: Route246

I went to JR Hamamatsucho and did a live shoot to this camera.  The building is here:  https://goo.gl/maps/P7McbmwDrHaGm92u5

I captured youtube from my hotel to my laptop while I was there.  Unfortunately, the resolution was not really that good and I could hardly see myself waving to the camera.

I consider it a fail because I wasted about 3 hours total doing this.  There is another one at Akabane but the street access is even further.  I was thinking of going there at night and using a strobe or something but lost interest after this Hamamatsucho/Shimbashi fail.

-mitch

cchan006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The live camera is aimed SSE and the apartment is
> located about 600 meters (2000') south from
> Shinbashi Station.
>
> The trains running on the tracks below are Tokaido
> Shinkansen, Ueno-Tokyo Line (Tokaido Line), and
> local lines Keihin-Tohoku and Yamanote Lines - JR
> East and JR Central trains.
>
> Yurikakome Line runs on the elevated "tracks"
> between the Highway and the Shinkansen tracks.
> It's a "people mover" system similar to what we
> might see at our airports.
>
> There are rooms for rent (~$2600 per month) and
> flats for sale (~$750,000 average) from the 11
> floor building where the camera is (allegedly)
> located. Median size is about 700 square foot (65
> square meters).
>
> The rent price is better than San Francisco,
> especially with far superior public transportation
> (Shinkansen, or HSR access is only 2 station
> away).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds