Home Open Account Help 290 users online

International Railroad Discussion > The Mexico in Pentrex Videos

Date: 10/22/20 11:27
The Mexico in Pentrex Videos
Author: MNNRfan

I've got three "railroads of Mexico" DVDs by Pentrex. They were probably shot in the early to mid 90s. Since KCS came in is there anything left of what is in the videos? Any unusual locomotives (Alcos) any passenger service?

Thanks.

Date: 10/23/20 17:28
Re: The Mexico in Pentrex Videos
Author: dlh

Hello - Amazing what one finds on Trainorders. Saw your post today and I just happen to be the guy who shot those videos for Pentrex. It was a blast being down there reliving what railroading had once been in the USA. It was a safe time to travel there and I had wonderful help from train crews, station agents and even management. My Spanish language skills were just so, so but everyone was very helpful. Been many years since I was last there and EVERYTHING has changed in a big way. I don't believe any of the locomotives in operation then are still running and everything has gone modern now.  I do believe the Copper Canyon train still operates and I've read about a train running out of Guadalajara west to Tequila on weekends. Don't know if its still operating. Might be some type of commuter ops around Mexico City but I don't know for certain. There are actually four shows on Mexico. I first shot Copper Canyon in 1990 when Let's Travel Tours invited me to come along on their excursion and that got me interested in doing more. Then came Central Mexico Rails and Northern Mexico Rails in 1991 followed by my favorite, The Pacifico in 1992. I'm a certified Alco diesel nut and that was my primary interest in producing these programs. If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to ask as I love talking about Mexico's railroads.

Date: 10/23/20 17:39
Author: goneon66

i have all 4 of those pentrex mexican railroad vhs tapes.  they are awesome and thank you............

Date: 10/23/20 18:09
Author: sp8234

I also have 3 VHS & 1 DVD of Mexico that they did. They are very good & I wish they had gone back to do an update on Mexico.
Thanks for your work on them, Please go back. (lol)
Does anyone know of any Videos of Mexican railroads from the turn of the century to current?
Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 10/23/20 22:14
Author: mundo

Thanks DLH.   Trying for the 1990 VHS converted to CD/flash drive.  My man doing it has a copyright problem however.  Several folks, including some in Mexico want to see that one.  Maybe, the others could be done.

Ed.  Lets Travel tours still alive at 87 !

As to Copper Canyon,  highways are built Chihuahua to Bauchivio, hours faster and cheaper, with the tourist train only Creel-Los Mochis a couple days a week.  With the virus very little tourist business, hotels in the canyon are hurting.

Reported on  train remains for once a week for the all stop local.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds