Home Open Account Help 283 users online

International Railroad Discussion > FC Chiapas Mayab??

Date: 03/15/21 22:16
FC Chiapas Mayab??
Author: jbwest

I am curious if anyone here has knowledge of the current status on the line to Tapachula, Mexico and into Tecun Uman, Guatemala.  As I understand from fragmentary bits, after hurricane Stan washed out the line, the private operator (Genesse and Wyoming?) could not justify the cost of restoratoin and opted out of the franchise.  Apparently the Mexican government took over the line and has made some efforts to restore service.  I recently saw a video of a train arriving on freshly restored track into Tecum Uman.  And it looks like there is a newly built or newly refurbished train to truck transload shed about where the old IRCA standard to narrow gauge transload shed was.  But based on Google satellite views I can find no evidence of any recent activity, and once I try to follow the track into Mexico it is hard to find any evidence of there even being a track any more.  Any news would be appreciated.

JBWX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds