Home Open Account Help 239 users online

International Railroad Discussion > St Kitts Scenic Railway

Date: 12/11/21 10:57
St Kitts Scenic Railway
Author: livesteamer

Has anyone on TOs ever visited St Kitts in the Caribbean and take a tour on the St Kitts Scenic Railway?  It is an 18 mile narrow gauge sugar cane railway that now hosts a tourist ride primarily for cruise ship passengers.  My wife and I will be visiting St Kitts in late February.  It is not on her "bucket list" but she knows I am interested in riding.  Thanks in advance

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 12/11/21 13:33
Re: St Kitts Scenic Railway
Author: NMlurker

I rode in December 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did not get enough time at the starting point for photography and believe I got mildly yelled at to get on the train. I got a seat in the top level of the first passenger car behind the power car and locomotive. This gave me a good view forward and to watch the locomotive navigate the less than stellar track.

1. The train [very] shortly before departure.
2. About to cross the largest bridge on the line. It is definitely tropical.
3. Heading towards the shoreline. Pretty sure there were always two rails. There is a loop at the end to turn the train. On my tour this involved getting off the train and returning to the town/port by bus. Others may have bused out and trained back.

Date: 12/12/21 12:25
Author: PCCRNSEngr

Scheduled to be there on February 17, 2023 so I hope it will still be operating! 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/21 12:27 by PCCRNSEngr.

Date: 12/27/21 16:00
Author: Lackawanna484

It is a good ride. The double deck cars rock and roll on the ancient track.

When my wife and I took the ride, the staff was generous with the 151 proof rum.

Our cruise package includes a one way train ride, followed by a catamaran ride back to the ship dock.

Railcity reported on his trip here. https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4171288,4171745#msg-4171745

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds