Home Open Account Help 335 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Moving ALL BB40-9W'S on the road (Brazil)

Date: 01/12/22 10:04
Moving ALL BB40-9W'S on the road (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Hi, I received this nice video from a friend. It belongs to a group in the South. The link to the original page is here
youtube.com/c/FerroviaSul

The video was recorded in 2012, when the new GEs arrived from US to former ALL railroad, now Rumo. These units were too big to reach Curitiba shops by the narrow gauge tracks in the Mar hill, so they were trucked from Paranagua port to the shops. The road is BR277 in Paraná state. 
Enjoy.

Pedro

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/22 10:12 by pedrop.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/12/22 11:35
Re: Moving ALL BB40-9W'S on the road (Brazil)
Author: UP3806

Like the double-header trucks pulling the trailers. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Date: 01/12/22 21:42
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Steel wheel on steel rail coudn't function without the assistance of rubber tires on asphalt.

Date: 01/12/22 23:07
Author: Ritzville

A very interesting video Pedro! First time to see double headed trucks moving locomotives on the highway. Must have been quite a sight for motorist passing by. Nice looking locomotives!

Larry

Date: 01/13/22 02:18
Author: dan

thats how BM&LP got their locos, nice runbys, they have a bunch of heavy equipment, you would think they would do it one at a time, big outfit.

Nice runbys, like the polka dot red truck the best, the locos paint is nice as well.

Date: 01/13/22 04:59
Author: TheApostleGreen

Thanks for sharing, Pedro!  Love this video!

~Joe P.
Hainesville, IL

Date: 01/13/22 05:28
Author: AndyBrown

Wow!  Quite an operation there.  Great video.  I too am surprised they were moved in a convoy instead of one at a time.  Obviously the contractor was well supplied.

Andy

Date: 01/13/22 06:40
Author: Arkeytek

Long time ago, I came across a heavy load - do not remember what the load was - here is California that had two trucks pulling and one pushing!

Date: 01/13/22 13:32
Author: gandydancer4

Now THAT'S a video I will downolad. Incredible!!  ×   

Date: 01/25/22 17:34
Author: NSDTK

If you having to rasie utilitys to get under them, its cheaper to move everything at once that way you dont pay more time than nessicasry for bucket trucks and crews

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0288 seconds