Home Open Account Help 237 users online

International Railroad Discussion > MRS crewless train (Brazil)

Date: 01/22/22 19:23
MRS crewless train (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

Hi, a video from MRS railroad explaning how the crew less train was developed and is operated. The video os in portuguese, but people can get an idea just looking the images. If you have any question, ask me here.

youtu.be/ymquE_fkY6M

Pedro

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/22 19:35 by pedrop.

Date: 01/22/22 20:24
Re: MRS crewless train (Brazil)
Author: tomstp

I see they are computer controlled but I also noticed in the last minute of the video there are line side signals.  Do the engine computers pick up the signal from the rail when they do not have people running the engines?

Date: 01/22/22 23:10
Author: Ritzville

Interesting video Pedro. I'm still don't feel confortable not have an engineer in the cab.

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/22 22:46 by Ritzville.

Date: 01/23/22 14:11
Author: pedrop

This device that allows the train to be operated without a crew on board was developed by MRS to allow the train to operate between the Km 324 and 332 of its line on the Ferrovia do Aço. There is a dam of ore residues that threatens to break. So no person is allowed on board trains there. The system is controlled by a computer developed by MRS itself and which mechanically acts on the controls in the cabin, from the brake and notch levers to the horns and lights. In the event of a breakdown in this computer, an operator can operate the train via remote control from a distance. That's why the place received some signal points for this system. The operation is carried out 24 hours a day and is monitored by cameras installed on the locomotives and also by drones.

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see they are computer controlled but I also
> noticed in the last minute of the video there are
> line side signals.  Do the engine computers pick
> up the signal from the rail when they do not have
> people running the engines?

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 01/23/22 18:09

Very interesting.   Thanks.

Date: 01/23/22 21:52
Author: joemagruder

How is track inspection and maintenance handled? It would seem that people doing that work would have much more exposure and thus more risk than train crews.

Date: 01/24/22 07:43

Pedro said the only crewless operation of the train by computer is crossing one of the dirt damns.  Crewless is used in case of a cave in of the dam and not for more a few hundred yards.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds