Home Open Account Help 264 users online

International Railroad Discussion > The youngest engineer of Vale mining (Brazil)

Date: 05/04/22 12:49
The youngest engineer of Vale mining (Brazil)
Author: pedrop

When moving a train for the first time, she couldn't hold back the tears. Gabrielle Costa, from Maranhão, at just 20 years old, is the youngest engineer of the Carajás railroad (EFC) . A resident of the Itaqui-Bacanga region, she joined Vale in 2020 through the operational trainee process and after one year as an operations officer, she carried out an internal selection for the position of machinist, obtaining the maximum grade.

After the practical training phase, which lasted about three months, at the end of March, the young woman was promoted to yard machinist, where she performs maneuvers within the company area, in São Luís.

This April 30th, Saturday, is celebrated the Day of the Railway, a date that usually moves professionals in the area with pride. For the young woman, it is the first of many.

Excited about the recent promotion, Gabrielle remembers the first time she drove a locomotive alone, which has 63 times the power of a popular car.

“When I first moved the train, I couldn't hold back the tears. I moved around the yard, thanking you for this dream come true there, at that moment”, comments Gabrielle.

Diversity, equity and inclusion – Vale aims to become increasingly diverse, equitable and inclusive, offering a work environment in which employees are respected and valued, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, origin or deficiency.

Women have been occupying their space and today they are approximately 19% of the company's global workforce, which has a goal of reaching 26% by 2025. In senior leadership positions, the percentage reached 20.5% female representation at the beginning this year, an increase of 65% compared to 2019.

If you are interested in Gabrielle's history and also want to make a career at Vale, visit the website and see the available positions at www.vale.com/oportunidades

In 2021, Vale maintained 14,000 of its own and permanent third-party jobs in the state. To learn more about Maranhão's operations, visit www.vale.com/ma

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/22 13:03 by pedrop.

Date: 05/04/22 13:00
Re: The youngest engineer of Vale mining (Brazil)
Author: exhaustED

A heart-warming and very positive story... fantastic!

Date: 05/04/22 18:04
Author: Ritzville

Really NICE story, very happy for Gabrielle and her dream of running trains. I wish her good luck as an engineer.

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/22 12:40 by Ritzville.

Date: 05/09/22 19:40
Author: gaspeamtrak

Congratulations my dear. I hope you have a long and memorable career with the railroad...:):):)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0624 seconds