Home Open Account Help 359 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Fepasa Chile today

Date: 08/19/22 17:20
Fepasa Chile today
Author: masterphots

Today dawned warm and sunny so I decided to try and get a shot on the bridge just west of Quillota. So I hiked over about a quarter mile and thanks to what looks like a bit of a fire, a number of huge trees were burned and then cut down.  opening up the photo spot.  Right on schedule,  SD40-2 3305E (x-BN/BNSF 7237) showed up with empty cars returning from the smelter at Ventanas on the coast.  In another month or so,  the sun should come around more so I'll give it another go (and hope the unit is nose first).

Date: 08/20/22 11:33
Re: Fepasa Chile today
Author: pedrop

Beautifull photo Alan. The bridge is nice. By the stone arch seen on the left, I imagine it had and older bridge on in the steam days.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 08/20/22 14:12
Author: masterphots

Definitely a newer bridge.  This line is where the SD40s operate, both the x-BNSF and the new Brazilian units.  The bridge was strengthened before they entered service.  Now the entire line is being rebuilt with heavier rail,  new ballast and concrete sleepers.   Here is a photo of the west side of the bridge from October 2015.   Alco RSD20 #1803 in charge of the train.  At that date copper concentrate was still carried in the old leaky tubs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/22 17:22 by masterphots.

Date: 08/21/22 09:46
Author: E25

Definitely "like" those, Alan.  Great little adventure.

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 08/22/22 08:30
Author: 55002

Great photos, something different. chris uk.

Date: 08/30/22 12:05
Author: 86235

Like the Alco Alan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.15 seconds