Home Open Account Help 313 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Fepasa Chile Brazilian SD40 action

Date: 02/17/23 11:49
Fepasa Chile Brazilian SD40 action
Author: masterphots

The bridge over the Rio Aconcagua at San Ysidro is about an hour or so drive from home.  Summer sun is best so lately I've been going over now and then in the morning.  The east and westbound copper concentrate trains cross the bridge around 10 am to noon daily.  I've spent time waiting by gardening the best photo spot at the east end of the bridge. Photo one isn't it....still hoping for a train short hood forward.   Motive power is one of nine SD40s,  six former BNSF and the three recent  rebuilds from Brazil.  As luck would have it,  November 2, 2022 was super as both trains had the new Brazilian SD40s.   Here are the results.

1.  3308E with empties heading to the loadout near Montenegro.
2-3.  3307W with loads heading for the smelter/port at Ventanas on the coast.  The trains creep across the bridge so I had time to jog from the first photo spot to the second.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/23 11:51 by masterphots.

Date: 02/17/23 12:29
Re: Fepasa Chile Brazilian SD40 action
Author: jgilmore

Another great bunch!

JG

Date: 02/17/23 18:52
Author: erielackawanna

Really neat.

Date: 02/18/23 04:56
Author: pedrop

Beautiful pictures. No sign of water nearby, so I imagine this bridge sees water once an year.

Posted from Android

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 02/18/23 09:38
Author: Ritzville

Very cool series!

Larry

Date: 02/18/23 13:22
Author: masterphots

pedrop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beautiful pictures. No sign of water nearby, so I
> imagine this bridge sees water once an year.
>
> Posted from Android

The only water is a small stream to the right of the third photo.   The stream bed has been dry for the 30 years I've been around that bridge.

Date: 02/21/23 16:37
Author: zorz

Thanks for posting! That rear radiator/dynamic-brake section bugs me so much. Someday I want to see the mechanical diagram of it...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds