Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Railfan Technology > Slides from digital images

Date: 06/23/06 14:23
Slides from digital images
Author: gg1tim

I recently found 3 labs that will make 35mm slides from digital images. I am thinking of uploading about 10 digital images of some trains to one of them as a test to see how they come out. Is there any one out there who has had any experiance with having 35mm slides made from digital images? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Date: 06/23/06 21:40
Re: Slides from digital images
Author: RustyRayls

I've had it done a few times. Works very well. Depends a lot on who does the work and it can be rather pricey. Mine were done by a local pro Lab and cost $7.50 each. You can probably find cheaper on the internet. Shop around and when you find a lab that does a good job, stick with them.

Date: 06/25/06 08:17
Author: Chessie1

Slides.com has very good pricing and the quality I've see is very good. There's a few members of the photography club I belong to in Cincinnati that has had work done.

Google search slides.com

Thanks
Chad
Chessie1

Date: 06/30/06 15:04
Author: drgwAZ1986

I just got my slides back from slides.com...they seem to come out really well, espicallly since my Dad's projector hasnt been used in 15 years...

Date: 07/07/06 20:55
Author: up833

I had a 600k digital photo that I took into a local photo lab. Asked for a 35 mm slide and they did a good job. Slide was used on the back cover of a book where the publisher only would accept slides. Never thought they could be fooled but it worked!
Roger Beckett

Date: 08/12/06 09:49
Author: orion183

I haven't been here for a while, obviously, but if you are still looking, I've used iprintfromhome.com and the slide quality is excellent. I think it was around $4 per image. Relatively inexpensive 11x14s also.

Email me directly for more info.

Curt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds