Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Railfan Technology > Resizing Photos with Irfanview

Date: 05/01/09 00:54
Resizing Photos with Irfanview
Author: SVTS

I need a little help. Now I will be the first to admit, I have not had a great deal of time to devote to exploring Irfanview. Between work and family, there is not much time for else these days. I've tried tinkering with Irfanview to resize photos, but no luck just yet. I quickly explored the help topics, but I did not see anything regarding resizing. Don't know if I missed something or just didn't see it. So having said that, what is the process for resizing photos with Irfanview? Thank you in advance.

Chris Bogley
Bowie, MD

Date: 05/01/09 06:36
Re: Resizing Photos with Irfanview
Author: norm1153

Before I replied to your original question on 4/27 recommending Irfanview, I checked for that function, which is indeed available as a menu selection. (In fact, Irfanview is even more powerful in that you can batch resize a group of photos in one step.)

In any event, here is a link to a resizing tutorial:

http://www.indeavors.com/resources/ivtutorial/iv37.htm

It's pretty simple. With an image in view, click the menu selection "Image" then click Resize/Resample. Then go from there. You'll see a new popup window that gives you resizing options, similar to other image editing programs, such as choosing pixels or inches for the resize function, etc., etc.

There are a lot of tutorials available for various Irfanview functions. Basically, doing things in Irfanview is pretty straightforward. Just do a little exploring and you will pick it up quickly, on your own.

Update: Here's a link to a list of various Irfanview tutorials including resizing:

http://www.indeavors.com/resources/tutorials.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/09 06:37 by norm1153.

Date: 05/06/09 23:21
Re: Resizing Photos with Irfanview
Author: NdeM

You can just hit Control>R to get the resize menu. Irfan is very easy to use in that regard.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds