Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Railfan Technology > Would appreciate help with Yaesu FT-270

Date: 02/09/17 18:46
Would appreciate help with Yaesu FT-270
Author: DocJohn

I have been changing the active channels on my FT-250 and FT-270 to accommodate new NS frequencies around Macon, GA.  I have software RT Systems software loaded on my laptop (OS=Win XP SP3) as well as the RT Systems cables to download a new frequency table.  Downloading the revised frequency table to the FT-250 went perfectly.  Attempts to download the new FT-270 table failed with an error saying in essence that cable was not connected to the USB port.  I then tried to take the "skip" off row 23 of the table (AAR 23), and I wound up deleting that frquency.  I have tried modifying the frequency of the next channel, but for some reason cannot do it.

I also tried to use another PC (Win 10 Pro) and got an unsigned driver error.

How do I get back to where I started?

Thank you.

John

Date: 02/10/17 06:51
Re: Would appreciate help with Yaesu FT-270
Author: WW

The problem may be in the cable.  If the RT cable uses a Prolific chip, they are notorious for being temperamental.  One of the reasons that many of the radio manufacturers' programming cables cost more than aftermarket ones is that they radio manufactuers try to avoid using the cheap Prolific chips in the cable.

Date: 02/10/17 15:05
Author: TCnR

Just to be clear, are you using the same cable and s/w for both radios?
The RT Systems listing shows a different cable and S/W for each of the models.

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/yaesu-radio-programming-software-s/1819.htm

Date: 02/11/17 13:17
Author: DocJohn

Thank you for your help.  In part there was an error on my part.  I had marked the yellow cable (USB-57B) as FT-250; ans indeed, it worked with the FT-250.  Thus, I had tried to use the red cable with the FT-270.  I had also tried the yellow cable the same evening.  I tried the yellow cable this afternoon with the FT-270, and everything worked correctly.  Perhaps "Murphy" struck again.

JL

Date: 02/11/17 17:00
Author: TCnR

Good that it worked out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds