Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Railfan Technology > Why do I get these dang green lines?

Date: 04/23/17 09:29
Why do I get these dang green lines?
Author: WichitaJct

This is getting kind of annoying. I get these green lines, on scanned slides only. Previously someone said to clean the glass. I did that and I get rid of the red line, but not the green one. This is an Epson V550 scanner that I bought new and have only used since December. Thanks for your help.

Date: 04/23/17 09:54
Re: Why do I get these dang green lines?
Author: trainjunkie

Seems to be a known problem on the 500, 550, and 600. Probably needs to be cleaned in an area not accessible to the user. Contact Epson for warranty coverage.

Date: 04/23/17 10:24
Author: refarkas

When I got mine on my 550, I very gently used a clean dry microfiber cloth (Pec Pad) folded over several times to clean the top of the bottom scanner glass that the slide/negative holders sit on. I would move it from left to right making sure it touched the glass exceedingly lightly so as to not scratch the glass. For some reason even a little speck of dust, etc. seemed to cause those lines.
GENTLY (VERY LIGHTLY) is the main word.
Bob

Date: 04/23/17 13:17
Author: Rathole

Yep - caused by dust or dirt. Clean both sides of the glass and it should go away.

Date: 04/23/17 17:12
Author: Frisco1522

Sometimes the software gets goofy and you can delete/re-install it. Worked for me once.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds