Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Railfan Technology > Scanner part Q

Date: 06/26/17 15:56
Scanner part Q
Author: BobE

I bought a new Epson V800 scanner. It just arrived and before I could get it hooked up or even fully out of the box, my puppy, Sonny Boy, started whining that he needed to go. He stopped first to snatch this off the table, take it outside and chew it (I'm disabled with a top speed of half walking speed; he's a helluva lot faster than I am).

Is this an important part? I figure to scan large-format negatives with the Epson.

TIA,

BobE

Date: 06/26/17 18:31
Re: Scanner part Q
Author: trainjunkie

Looks like the reflective insert for the scanner lid. You remove it to expose the glass and light in the lid for transparency and negative scans. But you need it for reflective scans (prints, for instance). Bad dog...BAD!

Date: 06/27/17 08:14
Author: seod

It is actually called the document mat. I saw one on e bay for $26 with free shipping. Bad dog make him pay for it out of his food allowance. Or one less chew toy for the month. ;)

Scott O'Dell

Date: 06/27/17 19:01
Author: Rathole

As stated previously, you won't need it for scanning slides or negs. I'll bet if you send a photo of it to Epson along with the story of what occurred, they will supply a new one. It's worth a shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/17 19:02 by Rathole.

Date: 06/27/17 20:58
Author: BobE

Rathole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As stated previously, you won't need it for
> scanning slides or negs. I'll bet if you send a
> photo of it to Epson along with the story of what
> occurred, they will supply a new one. It's worth
> a shot.

Good idea, Steve. But $26 isn't too bad, especially a) since I have a scanner already that does prints, I may just not bother getting one and b) it's just $26.

BobE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds