Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Railfan Technology > Anyone using Adobe Premier Elements?

Date: 07/31/17 22:36
Anyone using Adobe Premier Elements?
Author: pennsy3750

Adobe Premier Elements version 10 came installed on this computer, and the other night I finally started playing around with it, to edit some video I shot of N&W 611 last year.

I do not shoot much video, and so I just muddled my way though editing. I got something together, which I now want to share. How would I go about converting it to mpg, .mov, or some other file format compatible with TO's system?

When I click on Save As, and then open the "Save As Type" pulldown menu, the only option is Adobe Premier Elements Project, which is a .prel file extension. Am I missing something?

Date: 08/01/17 00:19
Re: Anyone using Adobe Premier Elements?
Author: dan

YOU NEED TO NAME YOUR PROJECT, AND YOU CAN DO AN MPEG 4 for here works best. iirc
. BEEN AWHILE SINCE I DID IT . DOESN'T IT ASK YOU TO RENDER AS? OR SOMETHING, also have a you tube setting that doesn't work
here. Then you have to figure what type of format, qualtity versus length , staying under that 410 MB limits size wise, but here max is 5:59 timewise. I think just play with once get your video(NEW Project) done you should be

able to encode/render different ways, so you can try it a few different ways. probably didn't help you...

pick one of these formats;
Valid attachments: jpg, avi, dv, mov, qt, mpeg, mp4, m4v, 3gp, asf, wmv, flv
No file can be larger than 410.94 MB. Images are restricted to 500KB.
All files together cannot be larger than 410.94 MB
3 more file(s) can be attached to this message

also search here for how to upload for more pointers

Date: 08/01/17 23:08
Author: norm1153

I think you want to "export" your video. "Save As" is merely to save the Premiere project, which is nice when you expect several sessions. But Export should then open up a dialog box for various video formats, etc., etc.

Date: 08/03/17 07:19
Author: JPB

To save your edited project as an MPEG for posting to TO, you need to select the "Share" tab in the upper right (see attached photo 1) and select the "computer" tab. Then select AVCHD to export the video file. Then select the "Presets" to pick one of several M2T or MP4 or other file formats (I use MP4 for TO posting). And processing to produce an MP4 file can take several minutes depending upon the horsepower of your PC. Then save the end result somewhere....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/17 07:20 by JPB.

Date: 08/05/17 09:41
Author: ironmtn

The above mentioned techniques have worked for me as well.

I don't do a lot of video, since my camera is my Nikon D5000 DSLR in video mode, a pretty basic and limited tool for video. I've always been, and still am, primarily a stills shooter. But the few times I have shot video and edited in the latest Premiere Elements, I have really liked the user interface as compared to earlier some editions back to v8.

Much better integration and smoothness of functionality overall. Some earlier editions were poorly integrated, and felt "bolted together", often awkwardly. That's a complaint I have had (and quite a few other folks I know as well, including professional users) with Adobe software in general in the past. I have a bunch of Adobe licenses, including for some of their more professional programs that don't see a lot of non-professional use, such as Captivate for development of training materials. Recent editions of several of their offerings have much better integration of functionality than previously. A good step forward for them.

They have also wisely resisted going full bore into the horrid wilderness of Flat design. Recent offerings have more of the Flat look and feel to them, but dialed back a bit and tastefully integrated with an element of older design. No gigantic buttons that take up 25% of your screen space. Thank goodness.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/17 09:47 by ironmtn.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds