Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Railfan Technology > Looking to buy a use Canon DSLR Full Frame Camera

Date: 08/07/17 21:25
Looking to buy a use Canon DSLR Full Frame Camera
Author: conrail1949

Need input . I now have a Canon Rebel T1i . looking to up grade to a use Full Frame DSLR camera . Need a good auto focusing and good continous shooting. I now have a EF24-105 mm f/4L lens and looking to buy a EF70 -200mm or a EF 100 -400 f4.5-5.6L lens. Price range of $500-$1000.

Date: 08/08/17 05:18
Re: Looking to buy a use Canon DSLR Full Frame Camera
Author: exhaustED

Don't bother with full frame - get an 80D. :-) Continuous shooting is a bit slow on full frame unless you sell one of your kidneys...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/17 09:04 by exhaustED.

Date: 08/08/17 06:21
Author: NormSchultze

Be happy to sell you my gently used 6D before I ship it off to KEH. $ 725.00

Date: 08/08/17 07:23
Author: WrongMain

Nikon has a "refurbished" camera program, and I believe Canon has one, too. You can pick up a completely refurbished camera that carries a warranty from Canon for quite a bargain.

Date: 08/08/17 10:12
Author: NormSchultze

That is correct. The Canon store has a refurb 6D for $1099. Plus tax. Keep watching at canonpricewatch.com. Given the scathing review of the new 6D Mk II on dpreview, it is doubtful that the price will fall much.

Date: 08/08/17 16:24
Author: milepost180

I've had good luck on Amazon with used lenses. I gave it a gamble and save almost half on an EF 24-70 and EF 100-400. I chose vendors that had several thousand excellent ratings and not just six. I chose the lenses that they classified as like new and not excellent or good.

Date: 08/09/17 01:26
Author: video7105

Forget a full frame Canon camera. Just buy a 7D Mark II and have a smile on your face

Dave

Date: 08/09/17 16:15
Author: RyanWilkerson

Full frame has a different look vs cropped sensors, at least to me. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. The 6D used above sounds like a good deal. There are also 5D2, 5D3 out there for good prices.

Another good place to find used equipment is the Buy & Sell forum on FredMiranda. You need to be careful and spend time researching but I've made 3 good purchases there.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10

-Ryan

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 08/09/17 23:36
Author: mojaveflyer

I'm still very happy with my 5DII and this spring I bought a T6s. The 5dII has excellent low light characteristics (newer ones will do somewhat better) but the T6s has a cropped sensor and I wanted to use it for photographing the Solar Eclipse on August 21. The conversion value for a Canon cropped sensor is 1.6, roughly the same as a 1.4 tele extender. In other words, my 100 - 400 mm "L" lens is the equivalent of a 640 mm lens on my T6s. The full sensor is nice if you are doing very large enlargements. If money is an issue, consider the newer cropped sensor and good glass will serve you very well. Additionally, the smaller cropped sensor body is easier to handle (weighs less) and can prove easier to handle if you're shooting for a long period of time or doing some hiking. The smaller camera may be less fatiguing.

I've used KEH.com for years as a source for good used equipment and have built several camera systems over the years using equipment from KEH.

Good hunting!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/17 21:01 by mojaveflyer.

Date: 08/12/17 07:59
Author: rfprr1

video7105 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget a full frame Canon camera. Just buy a 7D
> Mark II and have a smile on your face
>
>
>
>
>
> Dave

Second that comment.

rfprr

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0523 seconds