Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Railfan Technology > Yaesu frustration!

Date: 04/23/18 17:13
Yaesu frustration!
Author: loleta

So I'm trying to reprogram my Yaesu FT-270. Whether I'm in VFO or memory mode, instead of seeing frequencies displayed I see B0001. If I try entering a frequency, it won't work, only seeming to accept three digits. What am I doing wrong?

Desperate,
Loleta Fernbridge

PS: Youtube videos did not help.

Date: 04/23/18 18:37
Re: Yaesu frustration!
Author: TCnR

The manual doesn't show anything so I went to Google and found a number of HAM posts regarding the 'B0001'. They suggest it's an error or service code, one post suggests a PROM or CPU problem, a number of posts have no replies.

One example showing A0001 and later B0001:
https://www.hamradioforum.net/threads/2899-Stuck-in-service-mode-FT-270

Other posts state doing various resets did not help. Sounds like an e-mail to Vertex is in order.

If it happens to not be an error code, I can see getting '0' (from the Set Mode key when not in the proper mode) but can't find anything related to 'B' or '8'.

The simple reset (that keeps the info stored) has fixed my mis-keys in the past, pg 65 in the pdf manual that I have.

Let us know how it works out.

Date: 04/23/18 18:50

Another post says:

"Try powering the unit up while holding the Set/MHz button. I did that and it restored the display (and the rest of the radio's operation) back to normal."

http://www.fixya.com/support/t17557084-b0001_startup

Date: 04/23/18 19:58
Author: loleta

Thanks for the help and the link: VFO(PRI) button pressed while powering on solved the problem.

gratefully,
-L.F.

Date: 04/23/18 20:09

Awesome.

The comment about 'not being in the manual' had me suspicious... that it would work. Nothing technical, just had the right sound.

Date: 04/26/18 12:25
Author: Rick2582

Good job, Clive!

Rick / Redding

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds