Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Railfan Technology > Protonmail?

Date: 05/13/18 14:29
Protonmail?
Author: fbe

Has anyone tried this email out of Cern, Switzerland?

Unlike what is going on in the US your accounts and content are protected under Swiss privacy laws and cannot be scaanned, harvested and shared with others. Now that my yahoo mail is part of the Oath system of 50 partners they are demanding I allow unrestricted access to all my accounts.

Protonmail comes in free and paid versions. Out going and incoming messages are encrypted yet the system is compatable with all common email systems. The folks behind it are the scientists at the nuclear particle accelerator in Switzerland.

Thanks

Date: 05/13/18 15:15
Re: Protonmail?
Author: MikeUP4014

I am using it, not a lot but have sent a few emails.. Works pretty good so far..

Mike Keithly
Kimball, NE

Date: 05/13/18 16:15
Author: TCnR

Probably better to set up your own E-mail server, maybe in the bathroom just like Hillary.

E-mail going overseas gets special scrutiny, anything encrypted gets you on a special list of some sort. Your own server excludes all the share data harvesting that the big folks are looking for. The general idea is to avoid the snooping companies but not attract the Government in any way. Just being on TrainOrders and other RR operations related sites is thought to have us on a Federal list already, but in a good way...

Just hope whoever you're e-mailing has their server in the bathroom as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/18 16:17 by TCnR.

Date: 05/13/18 16:54
Author: fbe

I guess I am not so much worried about what the gov't knows compared to what industry wants to know and use. The gov't computer monitoring my activity has to default the report summary to BORING.

To set up the bathroom email I would need to do what Hillary did and hire someone to run and manage it. She could afford it while my pension won't stretcb like hers does. I would also need to landline my house unless the new 5G connection will give me high speed internet into my house.

Date: 05/13/18 17:33
Author: TCnR

Date: 05/13/18 18:24
Author: Thumper

May I suggest hush mail.com from Vancouver BC..encryption is good...
use them on my back=door addresses..

Date: 05/14/18 01:24
Author: SP4360

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Probably better to set up your own E-mail server,
> maybe in the bathroom just like Hillary.
>
> E-mail going overseas gets special scrutiny,
> anything encrypted gets you on a special list of
> some sort. Your own server excludes all the share
> data harvesting that the big folks are looking
> for. The general idea is to avoid the snooping
> companies but not attract the Government in any
> way. Just being on TrainOrders and other RR
> operations related sites is thought to have us on
> a Federal list already, but in a good way...
>
> Just hope whoever you're e-mailing has their
> server in the bathroom as well.

You can bet that there are plenty of bathroom servers within the confines of govt. officials and or elected officials on both sides of the fence, I mean wall.
They can all kiss my nutshell, it's bullet proof. As seen on tv. lol

Date: 05/14/18 09:17
Author: BN6339

Setting up your own email server is actually not difficult. It starts getting a little tricky with things like your ISP allowing it (most do not), you need a static IP (speed not a huge concern), spam filters cost extra or not very good, backups, connection reliability, blacklists due to ISP IPs. The list goes on and on. I host our own email at work (larger facility, no connectivity issues, still pricey for spam/security, etc). I have tried at home and a few friends small businesses, it is not worth the hassle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.05 seconds