Home Open Account Help 400 users online

Railfan Technology > FYI -- Big internet problems on & off in various parts of the US

Date: 06/29/18 11:18
FYI -- Big internet problems on & off in various parts of the US
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

FYI --

There have been and are some big problems with the internet all over the country lately.  I only noticed them just now -- Friday morning, June 29, 2018 -- when I tried to go to AltamontPress and could not get it to load, even when I Googled the name.  But aomeone else locally was able to get to it.

I Googled "internet probems" and found

https://downdetector.com/archive/

and saw that there have been big problems all over the country and the world with the iternet for the past few days.  And "downdwetector" only reports problems for today and the previous 2 days.

Biggies like Twitter, PayPal, Verizon, Google, DirecT,V , and Bank of America have been affected!  None of these outages are nationwide, but they do affect various areas.  The Twitter  outage seemed to be only in the Washington, DC, area, according to the outage map on downdetector.  People in other countries are also affected.  These problems come and go.

This. Is. Weird!

This post is just an FYI to everyne, so that you all know that none of this has anything to do with your computer or smart phone or any device you use to connect with the web. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/18 11:20 by Margaret_SP_fan.

Date: 06/29/18 11:43
Re: FYI -- Big internet problems on & off in various parts of the
Author: NormSchultze

Yes, I can't get into my BofA account. Warns of a malicious add on.....

Date: 06/29/18 12:18
Author: TCnR

Additional info:

Update 2:25 p.m. ET: It looks like two of  the fiber lines Comcast uses were cut, and because Comcast supplies internet backbone to a lot of places, it took 'em all out. 

https://www.cnet.com/news/comcast-confirms-nationwide-outage/

Date: 06/29/18 14:42
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

TCnR ---
Thank you very much for the info!  Dearie me.....what a mess!!

(I can now get AP -- YAY!  And RYPN came up at last, too!!  YAY!)

Date: 06/29/18 15:47
Author: TCnR

More:

The outage, triggered by cut fiber lines, brought down internet, television and phone service for Comcast XFINITY customers in markets including New York and Philadelphia. DownDetector.com, a website that follows outages, also tracked large outages in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, Dallas, Denver and Seattle.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/comcast-outage-brings-down-internet-tv-service-across-us

Date: 07/02/18 11:44
Author: jst3751

Spectrum - Comcast - TimeWarner (what ever they call themselves this week) also had a major phone routing issue last week.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds