Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Railfan Technology > I'm lost...

Date: 11/01/18 14:57
I'm lost...
Author: hartrick24

I have about 150 slides that I would love to have put on some discs. If Wolfe Camera was around, I wouldn't be writing this. Is there any companies that do this? I wouldn't have a clue what to do and wouldn't want to buy any equipment for this. This would be a one time thing and would rather pay for a company...

Steve H...

Date: 11/01/18 17:46
Re: I'm lost...
Author: BRAtkinson

It's amazing what the 'search' function in the upper right corner of every TO screen can yield.

Doing a scan for: slide scanning service  turned up the following:

Looking for top notch service
Sam's Club scanning service
Poor girl needs ideas transferring slides to digital
Digitizing large film collections - Suggestions?

The above are just a couple of threads that answer your question more than adequately.  You'll have to read down a ways in each thread, some of the respondents in each thread provide a list of commercial services.

Date: 11/01/18 19:36
Author: TomG

I don't think he intended to be an ass, sometimes it just comes out that way in text. I know I've typed things only to reread it later and think wow I sounded like a colossal jerk. However, he did give you links to view and you did respond back like a giant turd. See how easily it is to be miss understood.

Date: 11/01/18 19:59

TomG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think he intended to be an ass, sometimes
> it just comes out that way in text. I know I've
> typed things only to reread it later and think wow
> I sounded like a colossal jerk. However, he did
> give you links to view and you did respond back
> like a giant turd. See how easily it is to be miss
> understood.

You are 100% correct TomG...

Steve H

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/18 20:00 by hartrick24.

Date: 11/02/18 07:40
Author: NormSchultze

Digmypics. They use top of the line Nikon scanners.  I've used them in the past and they do exceptional work.

Date: 11/05/18 10:51

To all, The slides I have, about 150 to me are priceless. I'm a big lover of the forever gone roads. So when I send them out, I want them 100% perfect.
So I can elemenate Sams. Still looking... 

Steve H.

Date: 11/05/18 12:38
Author: trainjunkie

Date: 11/05/18 13:59

NormSchultze Wrote:
> Digmypics. They use top of the line Nikon
> scanners.  I've used them in the past and they do
> exceptional work.

Just got around to checking out this company. Thanks Norm...

Steve H.

Date: 11/06/18 06:38
Author: LV95032

Just make sure to ask for their best quality scan. Don't go cheap if these are truly special slides. Scanning is part one - color editing is part two if you want truly good results.
RWJ

hartrick24 Wrote:
> NormSchultze Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Digmypics. They use top of the line Nikon
> > scanners.  I've used them in the past and they
> do
> > exceptional work.
>
>    Just got around to checking out this company.
> Thanks Norm...
>
>   Steve H.

Date: 11/06/18 10:38
Author: clem

I recently ran across AMB Media LLC. They operate under at least three brand names: southtree.com, legacybox.com, and kodakdigitizing.com. Two interesting points: (1) they licensed the Kodak name, and (2) they seem to have built a business very short on niggling details such as scan resolution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/18 10:38 by clem.

Date: 11/14/18 13:33
Author: Scrise

Have you considered using your digital camera to digitize your images? See attached photos of the two machines I use. The Beseler was found on eBay, the other one I made. 
I've been doing this for about ten yeras now. I was faced with the problem of scanning odd sized formats and glass negative larger than 4x5.
I bought a Besler slide duping machine and instead of using a film camera to make dupe, I used my digital camera. I've done many publishing projects using this method. I can scan difficult subject matter with exposure and color issues and get good results. You will need a program like Photoshop to be able to sucessful in color correction beyond what you can do with the Besler duping machine. 

Steve Crise

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0669 seconds