Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Railfan Technology > Pacific Image Film Scanners — Anyone With Experience?

Date: 12/29/18 09:16
Pacific Image Film Scanners — Anyone With Experience?
Author: walstib

I am in the market for a good-quality film scanner. Specifically, I'm looking for something that can scan strips of nagatives, and batch jobs. In other words, something that doesn't require a lot of baby sitting on each scan.

A USB-C connection would be nice, but I can get by with a regular USB. I don't want to spend a king's ransom, but the $1,000 neighborhood would be ok. It would be great if it could scan mounted slides, too, but I'm resigned to a film-only scanner if that's what it takes.

Does anyone have any recomendations -- or warnings -- about any scanners in particular? 

I've been looking at the Power Image Film Scanner by an outfit named Pacific Image. It produces a 24mp scan, does batch jobs, and is in the price ballpark. I've never heard of Pacific Image before. Is anyone familiar with them, or their products? Or, their scanning software for the Mac?

Any comments would be appreciated. I attached a screen shot of the device I'm looking at, along with a link to the B&H site for the device.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1434256-REG/pacific_image_power_film_scanner.html

Date: 12/29/18 17:59
Re: Pacific Image Film Scanners — Anyone With Experience?
Author: Press25

I have the Powerslide 5000 for batch-scanning slides and the Prime Film 7200 for negatives and individual slides.  I run VueScan on both.  

Each has been trouble-free.  I have no complaints or issues with either scanner.

Hope that helps.

Date: 12/29/18 19:30
Re: Pacific Image Film Scanners — Anyone With Experience?
Author: walstib

Yes, thank you, it does help.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds