Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Railfan Technology > Android app for TO

Date: 01/25/19 11:15
Android app for TO
Author: DocJohn

Perhaps TO is not like other web sites and will not tell you if Android app is available. Is the an Android version of TO?

JOHN

Posted from Android

Date: 01/25/19 11:35
Re: Android app for TO
Author: trainjunkie

TO doesn't have any "app", iOS, Android, or otherwise and it isn't necessary. Why do people think they need an app for everything on their mobile devices? Use a web browser. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, whatever you prefer. TO works with all of them. Most "apps" offered for this type of use, like Tatpatalk, are just crippled browsers anyway.

Date: 01/26/19 07:03

Perhaps I need to find a new ophthalmologist or get a new phone.  Attached image is from my Samsung Galaxy S9+.  I have text enlargement set.  However, it does not work for the top part of the TO home page.  This problem is not unique to TO.  With some professional websites I use, the login boxes are microscopic.

John

Date: 01/26/19 14:07
Author: trainjunkie

Have you tried viewing it in landscape mode? That’s how I view TO on a mobile device. 

Date: 01/26/19 15:40
Author: ironmtn

Doc John Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps I need to find a new ophthalmologist or
> get a new phone.  Attached image is from my
> Samsung Galaxy S9+.  I have text enlargement
> set.  However, it does not work for the top part
> of the TO home page.  This problem is not unique
> to TO.  With some professional websites I use,
> the lo gin boxes are microscopic.
>
> John

I have an older Android phone, an LG. It's about 2 1/2 years old. To enlarge the login fields on TO or any other web site, I simply use two fingers to pull the screen wider and enlarge the view. I enter my user name and password, tap the login button, and the site opens at the standard screen aspect.

I can use this same "two-finger pull" at any time to enlarge any screen view once I'm logged in. I read TO on my phone regularly, and I log in and enlarge individual pages this way. Likewise on other websites. Always works.

So far as I know, this action applies to all Android phones, I know it does on all of them I have tried recently (I think including Samsung Galaxy models) as I shopped for a new phone recently. If it does not work for you, I would certainly be interested to know that, as I am doing some Android programming right now. That action is certainly in the current Android development environment. If it's not working on that phone model, that could be a reportable bug.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/19 15:44 by ironmtn.

Date: 01/27/19 08:04
Author: ns1000

I have a Galaxy 8+...using the two finger method to enlarge print/pics works well.

I would also suggest that once you type your username/password in, that you check the box for phone to remember those(under username/password). That way you can just log in next time.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/16/19 12:46
Author: walstib

Do you guys realize TO has a mobile version? I didn't see it mentioned in the discussion above, so I thought I would point it out in case you didn't know.

Granted, it's not very good, but it allows you to read topics on a mobile device without all of the two-finger making the screen larger business. You still have to do the two-finger thing to access the logging area, but once you're logged in it works pretty well. There is no mobile version of the home page, but it's not like you really need to see that page, except for image of the day. I included a screen shot of what the mobile version looks like.

The mobile site settings are in the "forum options" section.

Another thing you can do, at least with an iPhone, and I suspect Android, too, is set a home screen icon to access individual forums. It's really just a bookmark, but it acts like a button to go there directly. I have six of them set up on my phone. See screen shot included.

Hope this helps.

Date: 02/18/19 07:08

Thank you to all for your replies.  Some of us were borrn with large fingers and not as much dexterity as others.  John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds