Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Railfan Technology > Epson V600 - slide cropping?

Date: 02/05/19 08:18
Epson V600 - slide cropping?
Author: caylorman

Looking at getting an Epson V600 for scanning my slide collection.  Since it will be my first slide scanner, I was wondering if these have any issues scanning the full 35mm slide?  The only object I've used before is a reproduction attachment for my DSLR, and the opening in the slide holder on it was slightly smaller than the actual slide.  This tended to cause a slightly cropped reproduction.  Does the slide holder on the Epson also exhibit this, or is it sized correctly?

Date: 02/05/19 09:25
Re: Epson V600 - slide cropping?
Author: hot_tub

My V700 does.  It seems to scan just the imaginary rectangle within the rounded corners of the slide.

Date: 02/05/19 10:55
Author: trainjunkie

If you use the Epson Scan software in Professional Mode, you can manually select the scan area of your image.

Date: 02/05/19 11:08
Author: robj

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you use the Epson Scan software in Professional
> Mode, you can manually select the scan area of
> your image.

Right you change the film holder type(in software, not physically), you get a full page of the film holder and then use the selection tool.  It is a litle clunky and think you can only do one at a time but should be rarely needed.
Normally the scanner looks for the edges and does not scan to the edge since you cannot use that normally.  the holder its self is no cutting of any of the image.

Typically the normal scan works fine and cuts very little.  I always scan in professional mode.

Bob Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/19 11:18 by robj.

Date: 02/09/19 18:00
Author: overniteman

It's sized correctly and won't crop your slides. However, the slideholder is held on the bed of the scanner by a little plastic nub.

As the little nub that holds the slideholder starts to wear down (and it will depending how many slides you scan). the holder will be off center.

Mine lasted two years.

Good news is that replacements are cheap and readily available all over the internet.

Otherwise, it's an older model, but it''ll do a great job for you.

Date: 02/11/19 06:41
Author: LV95032

Use Professional mode and manually select the scan area. On auto it will crop a little
RWJ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds