Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Railfan Technology > Samsung camcorder transferring to dvd ?

Date: 03/06/19 06:00
Samsung camcorder transferring to dvd ?
Author: Trainatic

Reading the previous thread got me wondering about an easier way to record from my Samsung camcorder to a dvd recorder. The cable that came with the camcorder has the yellow for video and red and white for audio plugs. My old dvd recorder would accept that but it shot craps so I got another one but it only accepts hdmi now. Can't find a cord anywhere to go from Samsung video camera to hdmi.
Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/19 07:35 by Trainatic.

Date: 03/06/19 06:02
Re: Samsung camcorder transferring to dvd ?
Author: Trainatic

I started saving to my computer and then burning to a dvd but that seems cumbersome or maybe I need some better software. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated
Joe

Date: 03/06/19 09:41
Re: Samsung camcorder transferring to dvd ?
Author: clem

The colored cables are called "composite," or sometimes "RCA". Once you know that you can search for converters. Here's the first one I found:

https://www.amazon.com/Vilcome-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B07C55MD5J/ref=asc_df_B07C55MD5J

Composite is analog and HDMI is digital, so it takes some electronics to do the conversion.

By the way, composite is a rather low-quality video signal. What is your camera's model number? If there any other connections on your camera - S-Video, Firewire or IEEE-1394, DVI - you would still need a converter for HDMI, but the quality might be better. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/19 10:03 by clem.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds