Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Railfan Technology > Sigma Lens , Any Good ?

Date: 03/13/19 17:08
Sigma Lens , Any Good ?
Author: miralomarail

Because I have a bad neck, I'm thinking about getting a Sigma f3 5-6 .3 DC Macro DS HSM lens , 18mm--300mm

For me weight on my Neck == Severe Pain/Extra strong Pain pills from the VA 

As it is now I have have 2 Lens and I would like to reduce the weight on my Neck by just having the One Lens and the Canon Rebel.

Question, how are the Sigma Lens for the Money 5 places asking $400.00

TIA Tom a Vet in Pain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/19 17:40 by miralomarail.

Date: 03/13/19 17:29
Re: Sigma Lens , Any Good ?
Author: norm1153

I recently acquired the Sigma 30mm f1.4 prime lens for my Canon 80D.  Very impressed so far.  It maintains great color in dark areas at night.  I also have Canon's el cheapo 50mm f1.8 lens, and plan on doing a comparison involving night shots; mostly for the fun of it, but we'll see how it goes.

Date: 03/13/19 18:12
Author: LiveWire2

Sigma "A" and "C" series lenses are top notch; others, your mileage may vary.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/15/19 09:46
Author: grahamline

Can you hang the camera on your shoulder instead of around  your neck?
ps:  Nothing particularly wrong with Sigma. 

Date: 03/15/19 11:16
Author: hot_tub

Not a bad idea...maybe check out the Black Rapid straps that wrap around the arm and torso, allowing the camera to hang at your side.  I tried one, but stuck with the traditional neck strap because i just couldn't get used to having the camera at my side.  The Black Rapid straps do work well though if you can get used to them.

Date: 03/15/19 11:22
Author: Heymon

I would highly recommend the Tamron 18-400 f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD for your Canon.  I am very pleased with mine and it stays on my Nikon D-500 almost all the time since it can do most anything.  It's about $649 at last check.

For your neck strain I would recommend a harness if you are planning to be out shooting for a while.  Distributes the weight away from your neck.  There are some relatively cheap Chinese versions that are decent quality (I have one).  I keep a wrist strap on my camera if I am not shooting for long, otherwise, I use a sling type shoulder strap so my camera hangs to one side.  

Good luck on your search and thank you for your service!

Andre

Date: 03/17/19 14:06
Author: NormSchultze

Get a hand strap. Both B&H and Adorama have several styles/

Date: 04/11/19 18:31
Author: JimBaker

Could there be a Shoulder to Belt bracket and strap that could carry the camera?

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 11/06/19 21:22
Author: SD45X

There is a clip on that works like a fast draw holster. Hangs from your belt or chest harness. But I don't remember their name.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds