Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Railfan Technology > Slide date question

Date: 04/27/19 15:48
Slide date question
Author: Matt_Gidley

I Have a slode that I purchased that has a date written on it that is diferent from the date pressed into the cardboard slide itself.  Its suppoesed to be an original.  Are the stamped/pressed dates put on there originally and should I trust that over handwritten notes?  Thanks!

Date: 04/27/19 15:56
Re: Slide date question
Author: Railbaron

The stamped one is most likely the processing date; the hand written one would have been added by the photographer and would be the actual date.

Date: 04/27/19 16:19
Author: Matt_Gidley

In my case, the stamped date says 93, but the handwritten date says 98.  We're talking year. Another reason I'm confused on this one.

Date: 04/27/19 17:10
Author: Railbaron

Well that's weird unless the guy could take a photo in the future. The process date should be after the actual photographed date so I don't know what to say on this. Weird!!!

Date: 04/27/19 17:25
Author: PCCRNSEngr

The impression of the 8 could be offset so it looks like a 3 instead of a full impressed 8.

Date: 04/27/19 17:34
Author: trainjunkie

PCCRNSEngr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The impression of the 8 could be offset so it
> looks like a 3 instead of a full impressed 8.

Common on cardboard mounts especially. Look at it with a magnifying glass or loupe. I’ll bet the “3” is really an “8”. 

Date: 04/29/19 06:50
Author: robj

Don't know the subject but would seem a little research could provide the answer also.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds