Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Railfan Technology > Image uploading workaround for iPhone users...

Date: 07/05/19 15:09
Image uploading workaround for iPhone users...
Author: MrMRL

1.) After you you take your picture, edit/view it in the photos app and tap the share icon (square box with arrow poking out). 

2.) At the bottom of the screen, slide across until you find the icon Save to Files. Tap the icon to save the selected image to a folder. (I’m using the Pages folder at the moment).  

This copying action changes the file format of the selected image(s) to (.jpg) a recognized upload format for the Trainorders server.  

3.) on Trainorders.com now when attatching a file to your post, choose the Browse option instead of Photo Library to select your desired image from the list. 

~ Mr. MRL
 * Image of BNSF 4431 below has been uploaded to Trainorders directly from my IPhone Xs Max via the steps above.

Date: 07/05/19 15:44
Re: Image uploading workaround for iPhone users...
Author: cozephyr

Thanks for your iPhone X suggestion.

Motor car on closed Denver & Rio Grande Historical Foundation Creede Branch between South Fork and Wagon Wheel Gap, Colorado, July 4, 2019.  Let FREEDOM ring-!

Date: 07/07/19 13:07
Author: ATSF2324

This works also on the iPad too.

Gus

Date: 07/07/19 20:27
Author: ChrisCampi

Test.

Date: 07/08/19 16:18
Author: MEKoch

Now I have questions.  I have an Iphone 5S.  When the picture is in my phone, I have an edit feature.  If I tap that feature, I can then edit the pic in the standard ways.  

What am i missing in your explanation?     I have no share icon.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/19 16:19 by MEKoch.

Date: 07/08/19 22:08
Author: MrMRL

Michael, I believe the share icon will appear either below or above your image depending on your iPhone's orientation (vertical/horizontal) before you tap the edit feature. You should still be able to edit the image on your phone (crop, color correction, level, etc...), but the share icon will not be visible while editing the image. Once your edits are saved and you are back to simply viewing the adjusted/corrected image, the share icons should appear as I mentioned, either above of below the photo depending on your phone's orientation. The exact placement may depend on which iOS version your iPhone is running. I'm currently using an iPhone Xs Max running iOS 12.3.1

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 07/21/19 14:31
Author: howeld

Mine doesn’t convert to .jpg It stays as a .HEIC file.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds