Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Railfan Technology > Kodak Ektachrome 100

Date: 08/01/19 09:51
Kodak Ektachrome 100
Author: K3HX

Date: 08/01/19 13:01
Re: Kodak Ektachrome 100
Author: GRNDMND

$12.99/rl for the film and $10.99 for prepaid to Dwane's in Parsons, KS. Not a deal, but convenient all-together package. Purchased six rolls of Ektachrome for a friend when I was back there in early July. That place is really amazing.

KC

Date: 08/01/19 23:35
Author: wpamtk

I've yet to actually see the stuff and neither has anyone I've asked about it, including the employees of the camera shop where I buy my Fuji slide film. Evidently it actually exists, but I wonder if it has the bluish cast that Ektachrome had way back when. I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'm pretty happy with the Provia 100 I've been using ever since K64 went away. 

Date: 08/02/19 06:01
Author: acltrainman

I'd stick with provia 100, just my opinion. Quit shooting slides when price became to high.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 08/02/19 06:27
Author: RayH

wpamtk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've yet to actually see the stuff and neither has
> anyone I've asked about it, including the
> employees of the camera shop where I buy my Fuji
> slide film. Evidently it actually exists, but I
> wonder if it has the bluish cast that Ektachrome
> had way back when. I'd be willing to give it a
> try, but I'm pretty happy with the Provia 100 I've
> been using ever since K64 went away. 

A friend did a test roll of Ektachrome, and compared with Provia (same subjects, lighting, time of day, etc.). The bluish tint from the 1970's isn't there, however the comparison to Provia wasn't significant enough to switch brands.

The ONLY way I can see switching to Ektachrome is if they stopped making Provia.

Yes, I have an anti-Kodak bias ever since they dropped K25, and yes, I realize this is not the same Kodak making the new Ektachrome.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds