Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Railfan Technology > Durable high-quality slide scanner recommendations

Date: 09/03/19 17:41
Durable high-quality slide scanner recommendations
Author: RailThunder

I'm begining research with ultimate intent to purchase a durable high-quality slide scanner.  As technology changes at a rapid pace whar are some recommended directions I should consider?  We're using Apple products so it would have to be compatible to their system on the software end.

Many thanks in advance!

Date: 09/03/19 18:01
Re: Durable high-quality slide scanner recommendations
Author: jbwest

I won't mention scanner hardware, since I am using a Nikon unit that is no longer readily available.  But I will mention that Viewscan software, which is compatible with virtually any reputable scanner (and probably some that are not reputable), works very will with Mac operating systems.  And in my experience at least is more user friendly than the proprietary software that comes with scanners.  Examples of stuff I have scanned using Viewscan can be found HERE.

JBWX

Date: 09/07/19 16:00
Author: exopr

Use the search function to see previous scanner recommendations.   Your question has been posed numerous times before.

Date: 09/13/19 10:57
Author: NormSchultze

It really depends on how many slides you want to scan, how much of YOUR time you want to invest, and how much you are willing to spend on a scanner, software, etc.  

As a point of reference, Dig My Pics will scan a slide on high end Nikon scanners, apply digital ICE and color correct for 39 cents.  And all you have to do is go to the post office.   

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0803 seconds