Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Railfan Technology > Taming the camera and gallery functions on Samsung S9+

Date: 10/13/19 09:16
Taming the camera and gallery functions on Samsung S9+
Author: DocJohn

Each release of software from Samsung/Verizon makes the camera and gallery functions "have a mind of their own" , and go off and do everything I don't want them to do.  Are there other software programs that give more control to the user?  I another year to pay on current phone before I can make a change.  It would be nice to have a camera function that stayed on "plain" photos and a gallery function that just showed the images without trying to make albums and other unwanted stuff.

Is there any hope?  Is there a phone out there that lets me do it "my way"?

John

Date: 10/13/19 13:07
Re: Taming the camera and gallery functions on Samsung S9+
Author: radar

I have an S9 and never had any issue with the Gallery app.  The phone also comes loaded with Google photos, and the Play Store offers a number of free and paid alternatives for both viewing and editing photos.  The nice thing about Android is there is no shortage of apps to do anything you can dream of.  As they say, "there's an app for that."

Date: 10/13/19 13:16
Author: radar

After looking at the app, I'll bet your trouble is related to one setting called "Auto Create Stories."  To turn that off, tap on the three dots in the upper, righthand corner.  Choose "settings."

Date: 10/13/19 17:01
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

My Samsung Galaxy Note 4, bought new about five years ago and now on it's second battery, works fine but I've been thinking about getting the latest and greatest.
On second thought, I'll keep the Note 4 until it expires.

Date: 10/18/19 14:31
Author: DocJohn

Thank you for your replies.  I have half the problem solved using "Open Camera" insteadd of the Samsung camera aop that came with the phone.  That also got rid of Bixby Vision.

Next problem is finding replacement for Gallery.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds