Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Railfan Technology > Canon EOS eye cup - how do you keep them on?

Date: 11/09/19 12:35
Canon EOS eye cup - how do you keep them on?
Author: DevalDragon

I have been a Canon EOS photographer for 20+ years. One problem is that the eye cups come off and get lost. They stay on for the first year or two. Then you notice it came off and is in your camera bag or backpack. You constantly check for it and it eventually disappears and you need to order a new one.

Has anyone found a solution to this other than buying a new eye cup every few years?

Date: 11/09/19 19:49
Re: Canon EOS eye cup - how do you keep them on?
Author: Bowknot

I have a similar issue with my foam eyeglasses protector.  The foam keeps coming off the hard plastic part.  Periodically, I remove the old adhesive and clean the separated surfaces with an alcohol wipe, then reassemble with a good transfer adhesive like 3M 486MP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/19 19:52 by Bowknot.

Date: 11/13/19 06:26
Author: borg

I use clear nail polish to stick them on.

Date: 11/28/19 17:17
Author: RedFusee

Rubber Cement

Date: 11/28/19 18:41
Author: BRAtkinson

Because I wear my glasses and have a fairly large nose, I bought a screen protector (Vello, I think) that has a metal frame that slides over the eyecup and then the eyecup that came with my camera goes on that.  I still get noseprints on my screen, but at least I don't have to find the eyecup somewhere.  I think the whole thing slid off maybe 3-4 times in the 8-9 years I've had a 5Diii.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds