Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Railfan Technology > Multi region format DVD player

Date: 02/06/20 15:50
Multi region format DVD player
Author: rschonfelder

Does anyone know of a DVD player that will allow multi-region media to play?

Rick

Date: 02/06/20 18:55
Re: Multi region format DVD player
Author: norm1153

eBay is your friend!  Very quick search showed several multi region multi format (NTSC/PAL) players for around $30.

Date: 02/06/20 22:12
Author: rschonfelder

And yet I thought there weren't any around.  The Samsung that I researched was supposed to be multi region. I bought it and it turned out to be bad info.  Confirmed with Samsung that there was no way to switch to PAL format.

Date: 02/07/20 09:18
Author: 251F

Bought this Panasonic player in 2016 and no complaints.  Upconverts DVDs to 1080p nicely.  The price remains the same now as when I purchased.  Internal automatic PAL/NTSC switching.  If you have SECAM discs (France and former French colonies in Africa plus Russia and most of the former Soviet bloc countries), it does take a certain button push sequence on the remote control upon power up.  However the documentation is first rate.  And their customer service is also first rate if you get stuck. 

https://www.220-electronics.com/panasonic-dmp-bd91-smart-wifi-region-free-blu-player.html

(full disclosure:  I have no connection at all with International Video & Electronics nor Panasonic)

d.

Date: 02/07/20 11:31
Author: hot_tub

I got one from B&H Photo in New York.  That one only had composite video outputs, but that was several years ago.  If you call them, I am sure they can help.

Date: 02/07/20 13:55
Author: sig292

The DVD drive in my PC plays discs from anywhere in the world. I have bought DVDs from Japan, Australia, China, England and Germany. Every one plays perfectly and I did not buy any special software. 
-Ken Gear

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds