Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Railfan Technology > Negative Movie Film Question

Date: 04/30/20 15:58
Negative Movie Film Question
Author: sig292

I have a 50 foot reel of 16mm B&W silent movie film of the Indiana Railroad freight operations. I got the film from the estate of William Steventon who sold copies of this film through his Railroad Record Club. I want to have it digitized but the problem is that the film is a negative. I can't find any transfer service on line that specifically says that they can transfer this film and make it view able. Would I have to have a print made first and have that digitized? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ken Gear

Date: 05/01/20 13:20
Re: Negative Movie Film Question
Author: jkh2cpu

I would think that that film can be transferred
to a video format, it would be a simple thing to
reverse the negative to a positive for viewing.

John.

Date: 05/02/20 10:46
Author: clem

jkh2cpu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
it would be a simple thing to reverse the negative

Agreed. I only have experience with Final Cut, and it's easy to do there. But it should be a simple operation in any digital video editor.

Date: 05/06/20 07:51
Author: Alco251

Have you tried the transfer station.com

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/11/20 11:23
Author: Alco251

There are literally dozens of places in Southern California who do this to professional standards. Negative or positive film--doesn't matter. Do a google search. You want to make sure the transfer is done with a "liquid gate" transfer process that eliminates all scratches.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds