Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Railfan Technology > Fast way for downloading multiple pdf files from a web page

Date: 08/09/20 09:24
Fast way for downloading multiple pdf files from a web page
Author: Englewood

I am looking for a progam that lets you download pdf files from a web page
quicker than clicking on each individual link.  I think it was mentioned here many
years ago but I am unable to find it using the TO search feature.

I have found a few programs by using google but I am always hesitant to download an
unknown (to me) program.

Date: 08/11/20 15:29
Re: Fast way for downloading multiple pdf files from a web page
Author: anthracite

Thankfully, you don't require a separate, stand-alone program for that.

All that you need is Firefox or a Firefox-compatible web browser (I strongly recommend Waterfox instead of Firefox).

Use the browser's ability to access the Firefox add-on library.

Locate and install the web browser add-on called "DownThemAll!". It is a well-established example of quality software and I have been using it since 2009.

The core of the matter is that DTA! can easily do precisely what you described. Via a simple process, it allows you to activate or white-list filters so that you can favor various overall families of related files (and only those file families) you prefer to download. You will be wanting to turn on the "Documents" filter, which includes .pdf files.

You can even specify how many simultaneous downloads you wish to perform, and how much download bandwidth you wish to allocate across all DTA!-facilitated downloads in your current downloading session.

This add-on will need a *small* degree of customization from you, the end user, in order to fully harness DTA!'s considerable potential on your behalf. That's neither difficult nor tedious, and is nothing to worry about.

Enjoy!

Date: 08/14/20 05:30
Re: Fast way for downloading multiple pdf files from a web page
Author: Englewood

Thanks!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds