Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Railfan Technology > Trains "Ultimate Railroading" dvd series

Date: 04/06/21 11:59
Trains "Ultimate Railroading" dvd series
Author: Curt

I have an extensive train dvd collection, and was wondering if anyone has any info on the Trains magazine "Ultimate Railroading" dvd series?  My question is basically, is this new footage, or footage released previously, or released earlier by other companies (similar to how Pentrex is now distributing older Highball Production footage)?  I know that Trains/Kalmbach has released a "Hot Spots" series as well, but I know that these are comprised of 90% older/pre-released VHS footage, and I'm hoping not to make the same mistake twice.  Any feedback is appreciated. 

Date: 04/07/21 08:31
Re: Trains "Ultimate Railroading" dvd series
Author: Gothic_Albany

I can't speak to all of them, but I know some are vintage material, and show cool stuff you can no longer record. For example the footage I shot used in the GM Geeps program was from either 2000 or 2001. And the Cascade Crossing video has great SP footage before the merger. 

Date: 05/06/21 14:49
Re: Trains "Ultimate Railroading" DVD series
Author: milwrdfan

A lot of them are re-publications of other video producer's programs.  Same with the later Model Railroading "Dream Plan Build" series.  There is a lot of crossover between these two series as well with the same titles published under both series, sometimes with slightly different names, but same base content.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds