Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Railfan Technology > Radioshack PRO-79 battery/electrical issues?

Date: 05/11/21 07:58
Radioshack PRO-79 battery/electrical issues?
Author: Darthsimpletext

I have a PRO-79 Scanner in which i just put in fully charged rechargable batterys, unfortunately, there's nothing showing up on the screen. When something shows up on the scanner screen the scanner is working but if i turn on the scanner and nothing shows up on the screen, then i have an issue.
Why wouldn't i see my programmed frequincies on my pro-79 scanner? I need it working by friday so i can go watch trains in macungie before moving back to media on saturday

nick

Date: 05/11/21 08:01
Re: Radioshack PRO-79 battery/electrical issues?
Author: Darthsimpletext

previously it was "160.860 or 160.800" now its "    " nothing showing up

Date: 05/11/21 08:40
Author: BRAtkinson

Assuming it was working OK when you last used it, I'd surmise that one or more of the rechargeable batteries have gone bad, or, perhaps one or more are installed backwards.  If neither are true, then go buy a fresh set of batteries at Walmart or someplace you'd expect to sell a lot of batteries and try those.  If it still fails, then, in all likelihood, your scanner needs repair.

Date: 05/11/21 11:44
Author: TCnR

Agree it sounds like a DC problem or something very catastrophic, Try to power it through the DC connector, ie transformer or car adapter.

It would have been more typical for the display to turn on and then fade out, no nothing on the display seems like a real bad sign. Also check for one of the batteries to be backwards, that would cause no voltage as compared to weak voltage that drops fast.

Date: 05/11/21 12:16
Author: 41bridge

It looks like this model uses AA batteries. Do the simple thing first. Get a set of AA alkalines and see if they work. If they do, you know you have a problem with the rechargeables. If they don’t, you have another problem, but at least you don’t have too much invested and you probably have other devices that use alkaline AA’s. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds