Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Railfan Technology > Getting Film

Date: 09/10/22 08:30
Getting Film
Author: ntharalson

The ugly truth is I'm running out of film.  B&H doesn't have any and isn't expecting ay.  A recent thread, August 17, discussed buying fil from Japan.  I sent a private message to one of the respondents but have yet to get a reply.  Does anyone know where and how I can get slide fil?  You can PM me with any reply.  TIA for your help.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 09/10/22 08:54
Re: Getting Film
Author: sf1010

Date: 09/10/22 17:59
Author: baltimore

PM sent Nick

Date: 09/11/22 07:04
Author: Frisco1522

sf1010 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try this
>
> https://www.samys.com/s/slide%20film

Holy crap!  $25 for a 36 exp 35mm film these days??

Date: 09/11/22 12:32
Author: bert14

Ya know...it is almost 2023. Film???

Date: 09/11/22 13:11
Author: sf1010

Frisco1522 Wrote:
> sf1010 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Try this
> >
> > https://www.samys.com/s/slide%20film
>
> Holy crap!  $25 for a 36 exp 35mm film these
> days??

I think Fuji really wants you to buy one of their digital boxes.

Date: 09/11/22 22:57

Or maybe go back to Kodak with their Ektachrome E-100 @ $17.25. Not a bad product.

Baltimore

Date: 09/12/22 11:51
Author: grahamline

Cheap import cars are closing in on $30K and Ford is asking $50K for pickups. Prices tend to rise.  Wait until you have it processed.

Date: 09/12/22 22:34

A whole lot cheaper than purchasing the film, and if you use the best processor, outstanding scratch free processing. Using the right processor results in less expensive quality slides. Wish I had known about AgX processing in the past. Fantastic experience. Dwayne's just lost all of my business.No more scratches that ruin my slides. I shoot 250 rolls of Provia per year. AgX is the way to go. Two slides lost to QC in the last 24 rolls.

Baltimore

Date: 09/13/22 07:57
Author: RayH

baltimore Wrote:
> A whole lot cheaper than purchasing the film, and
> if you use the best processor, outstanding scratch
> free processing. Using the right processor results
> in less expensive quality slides. Wish I had known
> about AgX processing in the past. Fantastic
> experience. Dwayne's just lost all of my
> business.No more scratches that ruin my slides. I
> shoot 250 rolls of Provia per year. AgX is the way
> to go. Two slides lost to QC in the last 24
> rolls.
>
> Baltimore
Funny that you should mention AgX. A friend in Western Arkansas recomended AgX to me earlier this year, but I didn't have enough film ready to go out for processing yet.
I HAD been using Dwayne's for years, but Parsons ruined 12 rolls that my best friend sent in earlier this summer. And Dwayne's customer service was silent about their screw up. He then tried AgX, and said it's much better. So, when I get back from my railfan trip later this month, AgX will have another new customer.

Date: 09/14/22 17:05
Author: Rathole

So what?  If people like film (and many do) why knock it?  Absolutely nothing wrong with film if that's what you like.     

==================================================
bert14 Wrote:
> Ya know...it is almost 2023. Film???

Date: 09/15/22 17:47
Author: bravesfan

Nick, I also sent a PM but  never received a response.

In early August, I purchased from Biggs Camera in Charlotte their remaining 13 rolls of Kodak slide film.  They haven't had Fuji Provia 100F in a very long time.  I've got several friends who've been able to locate some via Ebay.

I'm looking for more Kodak and Fuji for ample supply while railfanning to and from the WGRF.

Date: 09/20/22 21:14

Just a note on AGX. If you want cardboard mounts you must request them. Otherwise they will use plastic mounts. Baltimore

Date: 09/20/22 21:18

Uniquephoto.com has Kodak E-100 for 17.95 per roll. Order 10 or more rolls and the price drops to 17.25 per roll.    Baltimore

Date: 09/21/22 14:25
Author: stlrailfan

Baltimore,
   I shoot about 100 rolls a year and have been using AgX for 4 or 5 months. Mike is a great guy he is a little slow getting it back to you but I am good with it as long as it is done right. Had a really bad experience with Dwayne's twice this past spring in regards to them ruining film. I had shot some engines for a customer who is way up in Churchill Manitoba. Dwaynes scratched the film, quailty control guy Josh was very unprofessional and after a few ass chewings because he wouldnt replace my film  he hung up on me. I wont be back to Dwayne's ever again.

I use mostly E-100 its decent just need to shoot a different F stop down or two depending on your film camera.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Mark Mautner

Date: 10/10/22 17:44
Author: MILW-E78

Had 3 random rolls of E100 processed by Dwayne's last month, all sent together. Took over a month to process them, and guess what, all 3 rolls scratched on every slide. Add me to the list of people who will never send another roll their way.
Been fun, but I'm done with them.
John

Date: 10/11/22 06:02
Author: grahamline

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/ has some supplies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/22 06:03 by grahamline.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0575 seconds