Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New Boeing dock, Mukilteo,WA

Date: 12/16/07 11:00
New Boeing dock, Mukilteo,WA
Author: bnsftrucker

Here are some pictures of the recently completed Boeing dock at Mukilteo, I took the liberty to walk the dock and I was the first one on it after the last contractor left.
1,Dock lead with new turn outs, and switches
2, Looking onto the dock
3, these gates will be removed and will be replaced with longer ones

Date: 12/16/07 11:06
Re: New Boeing dock, Mukilteo,WA

4,Left gate
5,Further onto the dock
6,Looking back towards the entrance

Date: 12/16/07 11:11

7, Large rails for the gantry crane, these are almost the same width of my shoe.
8, Looking back towards the entrance.
9, Ship, or barge slip.

Date: 12/16/07 11:26
Author: MrMRL

Yeah, I see a small problem with the gate. Glad it will be fixed, before the train does it for them...

Mr. MRL

Date: 12/16/07 11:32
Author: TCnR

Haven't been keeping up with the news, what are they bringing in and is it displacing any rail shipments? Would guess it's part of the new 787 project which is said to have multiple large sub-assemblies.

Date: 12/16/07 12:20
Author: fbe

Yes, I would like to see a copy of the HWI messages for this location. Now why do I think the gates will be rebuilt before the first fuselages arrive from the orient.

Date: 12/16/07 13:01

The gates that is there now is to keep unwanted people out during conctruction, and new gates will be installed to have the entrance open wider for the high/wide loads to clear, the new gates are for security purposes.
And yes the dock is for the new 787 project.

Date: 12/16/07 13:06

And the dedicated Boeing local won't have to travel too far once the dock is in full operation.
I'm sure the gates will be secured when the dock is not receiving any shipments.
It looks like a good dock to cast hook, line, and sinker from, and some jigs as well;)

Date: 12/16/07 15:22
Author: TopcoatSmith

As I recall the dock was originally planned for the 787 but since those are flown in on two-swingtail airliners they'll use it instead for the continuing 777 parts shipped in from Asia via Tacoma and a barge up from there.
Nice to see progress on it (where's our man Mark ??? I miss the construction updates).

TCS - why not fly

Date: 12/16/07 16:52
Author: PeteA

right now the boeing train is coming from everett and most of the time these trains are wide loads.When these wide loads come through BNSF shuts down main 2 and it can back up north bound and south bound trians.Now the new boeing dock is for all movements for the containers and new containers that are 35ft wide this is why we took out the old crossing and moved the houses back closer to the road.We are also putting in 9 new switch machines several new signals and there,s a hole bunch new cable buried for all of this.I work on the signal crew out there wright now.

Date: 12/16/07 17:51

FYI, Mark has been working in Seattle, and not to forget he will be operating the 401,(locomotive crane) in Edmonds as the other operator has retired last week end.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds