Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Altamont Press

Date: 12/14/10 15:19
Altamont Press
Author: boomer08

Has anyone heard if Dave Curlee has completed the Central West #1 timetable yet? I do not see it listed on his site. I find his timetables very interesting and helpful for some of the areas that I have traveled. I just want to say thank you for the effort Dave, and I hope you find more time to spend with your family and some of the other things out there in life. Good Luck, Ed.

Date: 12/14/10 17:31
Re: Altamont Press
Author: David.Curlee

Thanks for asking.

As you know, the difficulty acquiring timetable information has delayed this project several times. The Central West #1 timetable won't be available until January, or even February at the rate things are going. This means Altamont Press will need to remain open into early-2011. While many of the informational gaps have been plugged, a number still remain.

I'm having a terrible time securing the assistance of railfan-operated tourist shortlines. One general manager promised help with timetable data several months ago. Since then I've tried contacting him 12 times with no success. I've attempted to contact another shortline 8 times. In all cases, they will not answer the phone, return calls, or respond to e-mail.

So if you volunteer, or belong to organizations that operate tourist trains, I could definitely use your assistance. I'm totally out of new ideas and my frustration level couldn't be any higher right now.

David Curlee
david@altamontpress.com

Date: 12/14/10 18:43
Author: NH2006

Do you have a list of things to fix? It would be a fun holiday break project...

Date: 12/14/10 20:15
Author: boomer08

David - Thanks for responding.It must be frustrating to not hear back from the people. I guess you will have to hang on a little longer. Ed.

Date: 12/15/10 12:52
Author: David.Curlee

NH2006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you have a list of things to fix? It would be
> a fun holiday break project...

Yes and no. I have a list of things that I know are "broken" but that list is (fortunately) dwindling down. At the same time, there must be things I've overlooked. I'm only human.

I'm always grateful to hear reports about shortlines. Have you seen any track pulled up recently? Have you heard them on the radio recently, and if so, can you verify the radio channel(s) being used? Those kinds of things are great to hear...

If I knew people's individual locations I could be more specific, but otherwise it's hard with such a large timetable.

David

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds