Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Frustrating Chases: NYC Heritage in KC

Date: 12/14/14 16:15
Frustrating Chases: NYC Heritage in KC
Author: bnsfsd70

Yesterday afternoon, I heard from Jeff Morhaus and Anthony Randall that NS' NYC Heritage unit was leading a 239 train towards KC, and seeing that I had some free time, I decided I'd try (unsuccessfully) to shoot it. However, the way that I looked at it, anything I got after shooting the new FEC units ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3602962 ) was gravy, so while I certainly didn't get THE shot that I was hoping for, I at least managed something of the NS 1066's visit to Armourdale last night. The entire night, the train eluded me, but I'll take what I can get.

The first time that I heard it was out in Orrick, MO, where I heard that it was taking the BNSF to KC instead of the NS line that I was perched on. After some creative driving, I finally saw it at Cement City, MO, where it was FLYING into KC. By the time I made it to Santa Fe Jct., the train was already 1/2 way over the bridge to Armourdale, and once it was in the yard, I wasn't able to shoot the power parked anywhere long enough to set up a good shot, SO... handheld moving shots, FTW!

In the video, the power is seen pulling east out of UP's ex-RI Armourdale Yard where it had dropped its entire train off before running light back to NS' Avondale Yard. After that, we see it pulling off of KCT's double-deck bridge at Santa Fe Jct. and heading north towards home rails.

Thanks for looking,
Jeff Carlson

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/14/14 18:16
Re: Frustrating Chases: NYC Heritage in KC
Author: SCKP187

I like the video Jeff, and have a deep affection for hand and lantern signals--but any more this generation of railroaders just seem to prefer using the radio.
Brian Stevens

Date: 12/15/14 15:04
Re: Frustrating Chases: NYC Heritage in KC
Author: bnsfsd70

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the video Jeff, and have a deep affection
> for hand and lantern signals
> Brian Stevens

D'oh! That's the part that I edited out of the video as well, just to save another 35 seconds of watching a guy throw a switch. I know its railroading, but I also know that video takes FOREVER to upload, and an extra 35 seconds isn't going to speed that up at all.

Thanks,
- Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds