Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > January 23 Peoria Train Action

Date: 01/23/15 16:40
January 23 Peoria Train Action
Author: Trainatic

Hello all,

Originally, I didn't plan on going out today, as it was fairly cloudy late this morning in the Peoria, IL area. But as I was sitting in my dorm room, I happened to have the scanner on and heard the dispatcher talking to PREX 1752 (one of the Keokuk Junction F-units) and I knew I had to go out and see them. Once I got all packed and ready to go, I found the two F's and a GP20 switching cars in Bartonville (Just west of Peoria). Attached is a video of the trio switching a rather large cut of cars in the small Bartonville yard. The engineer was nice enough to give me some good long blasts on the horn as they worked back and forth. About two thirds of the way through the video, the sun finally decided to come out, providing me with great light. After staying for about a half hour, I decided to move on and see what else was moving around Peoria since it was such a nice day. Hard to beat a sunny day in the upper thirties in January! I may get around to posting the rest of what I saw if I get some time. For now, enjoy the F units!!

-Caleb

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/23/15 19:15
Re: January 23 Peoria Train Action
Author: nls

Looks good! Hard to beat those F units! Looks like the wreath is a little worse for wear though.

Nick S.

Date: 01/24/15 03:15
Author: highgreengraphics

Nice video views. Any idea why the B-unit is not being used? === === = === JLH

Date: 01/24/15 04:12
Author: robj

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice video views. Any idea why the B-unit is not
> being used? === === = === JLH

Electrical problems, maybe back at La Harpe.

Bob Jordan

Date: 01/24/15 14:30
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 01/24/15 17:30
Author: UP951West

Good job . Thanks for sharing.

Date: 01/24/15 21:38
Author: Trainatic

Thanks everyone! Hopefully the B unit comes back sometime soon!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0574 seconds